Very well, howdy there and satisfied Friday, pals! It’s been a whilst, hasn’t it?
After approximately 8 months, our lives have settled back again into fairly of a little bit of a predictable plan and I’m so, so content to say hello to you on a Friday once again! (For more about my hiatus, you can go through my first article about Dominic’s diagnosis right here, and then updates one, two, 3, four, and 5.)
Thank you all for your unending assistance, prayers, emails, fantastic views, encouraging mail and deals, and almost everything in between. It has intended the world to our family and I thank you from the base of my coronary heart.
Now, let’s get on with a Friday Issues! 😊
1. The kids received to go trick or managing collectively! We weren’t certain if we would be household or if Dominic would be in New York obtaining remedy, but we ended up leaving the next early morning. They had so a lot exciting, and I’m so glad they could get pleasure from this together.
2. A brief Dominic update: he experienced a further spherical of immunotherapy cure past week. The infusions went well, nevertheless the past a single strike him a bit more challenging than former types, and he ran two fevers over the study course of the time we ended up there, which is a side influence of the treatment. All in all, it was a effective vacation. We will go back again in early December for another spherical, and then he will have a battery of scans afterward to gauge the progress of the remedy.
3. Tis the season >> How to Practice Gratitude Every single Day
4. A yr or two ago, we started the tradition of a “thankful tree” exactly where every day the youngsters wrote on a leaf what they have been thankful for that working day. Then previous calendar year we switched it to the “thankful turkey” and did feathers rather of leaves. I am putting up the turkey right now and I enjoy that they are fired up to do this!
5. Speaking of, do you have your Thanksgiving menu planned? I am performing on ours about the following couple times and will share it when it is finished! What is a need to-make for your meal or dessert? I experience like the cheesy creamed corn casserole is the group favourite at our Thanksgiving every yr.
6. I have been accomplishing a large amount of reading considering that the spring, many thanks to shelling out a major sum of time in ready rooms, hospitals, in clinic during blood transfusions, and many others. The books I have finished:
- Unbroken (experienced began it past year – liked it)
- The Four Winds (seriously appreciated it!)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (I was amazed by how significantly I liked this a person, I was trying to determine out the relationship in between Evelyn and the reporter the complete time)
- Verity (I read through this in fewer than a week, which is lightning rapidly for me it was super suspenseful but I also uncovered it genuinely, truly disturbing)
- The Nightingale (started off slowly and gradually for me, but the last 3rd of the e book or so, I flew via, it was superb)
I just started out It Finishes With Us. I also have queued up Code Name Helene, which was picked as portion of a ebook club a friend of mine began, but I needed a thing in concerning Environment War II feminine spy books 😉
I applied to be a voracious reader and it feels fantastic to have that studying urge sparked all over again! I enjoy obtaining shed in a terrific story.
7. The past couple of several years, we have put up our Christmas tree just before Thanksgiving and I am All set. I want to get the most out of individuals warm, cozy lights. The children begun asking to pay attention to Christmas music on the way to university a couple of months ago we are all-in on holiday seasons listed here!
8. I appreciate this suggestions >> The Best Discussion Suggestions I At any time Gained
9. We have to discuss Tv, of course! I JUST observed out that the new time of The Crown dropped on Wednesday and I can’t hold out to enjoy! I am also counting down the several hours to Yellowstone’s season 5 premiere on Sunday night time. My faaaaaaaaavorite 🤩
10. These two are even now the supreme snuggle bugs ❤️