These roasted balsamic Brussels sprouts have a mouth watering crispy texture and sweet, tangy flavor. You can expect to want to try to eat them straight off the baking sheet!
A balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe was a person of our to start with-ever posts on Love & Lemons (10+ several years in the past now!), so I’ll often have a comfortable place for this common aspect dish. I desired to share a new, current model of it this fall since it’s this kind of a great one particular to have in your back again pocket during the holiday break season.
Balsamic Brussels sprouts are no more difficult to make than typical roasted Brussels sprouts, but the addition of the vinegar and a small honey genuinely gives them restaurant-high quality taste. They’re sweet, tangy, caramelized, and crisp about the edges. I adore to toss them with pecans, parsley, and bursty pomegranates for extra of a composed side dish, but they’re similarly delicious straight off the baking sheet.
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to have to make this balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe:
- Brussels sprouts, of program! Look for sprouts that are company and vivid green. Trim off the challenging ends and eliminate any unfastened outer leaves ahead of you get going on the recipe.
- Balsamic vinegar – It presents the sprouts incredible tangy taste.
- Honey or maple syrup – It helps the vinegar caramelize into a gorgeous balsamic glaze. Its sweetness also offsets the slight bitterness of the Brussels sprouts and the acidity of the balsamic.
- Excess-virgin olive oil – It adds prosperous taste and guarantees that the sprouts turn out to be browned and tender as they bake.
- Pecans – I enjoy their crunch towards the tender Brussels sprouts.
- Pomegranate seeds – A sweet and tangy accent for the sweet and tangy sprouts. Dried cranberries are fantastic in this article way too.
- Parsley – Its fresh taste brightens the closing dish.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Obtain the total recipe with measurements down below.
Halve the Brussels sprouts, and drizzle them with the oil, balsamic, and honey. Time them with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread them in a one layer on a sheet pan. Suggestion: I like to organize my sprouts with the flat sides down so that they brown beneath although the leaves crisp up on best!
Roast at 425°F until finally tender and golden brown. Dependent on the size of your sprouts, the cook time could range anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes.
Year to style, and toss the Brussels sprouts with the pecans and pomegranates. Garnish with fresh new parsley just right before serving.
How to Provide Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Since they’re so straightforward to make, balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts are a excellent side dish for any drop or winter meal. Serve them alongside a speedy pasta like Fettuccine Alfredo or Spaghetti Aglio e Olio on a weeknight, or pair them with Creamy Mushroom Polenta on a weekend when you have extra time to prepare dinner.
I also really like to provide this recipe at holiday seasons like Thanksgiving and Xmas. It is wonderful with classics like mashed potatoes, eco-friendly bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, and far more. Check out this submit to discover 50 extra of my favourite vacation sides!
More Favourite Veggie Aspect Dishes
If you love these oven roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic, check out creating just one of these greens subsequent:
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
This balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe is one particular of our favourite strategies to cook Brussels sprouts! They turn into tender and caramelized in the oven, and the vinegar and honey add delicious sweet and tangy flavor.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons excess-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup toasted pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or pomegranate arils
- Refreshing parsley leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Location the Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, balsamic, and honey. Sprinkle with the salt and a number of grinds of pepper, toss to coat, and distribute evenly on the baking sheet.
Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or till tender and golden brown around the edges. The specific timing will rely on the dimension of your sprouts. Season to style.
Transfer to a serving dish and gently toss with the pecans and cranberries. Garnish with parsley and serve.